- "Buster Skrine prepares to start in event he’s needed" (Beacon Journal) - "There’s a possibility second-year cornerback Buster Skrine could start for the Browns this season, and he vows to be ready if such a scenario unfolds."
- "Preseason impressive, but …" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "You’ve got questions and comments that you submit to the Browns’ official Facebook and Twitter pages. Here’s what I have to say about what you have to say."
- "Browns received huge support from fans during training camp" (Plain Dealer) - "No matter how large or how loud the record crowds have been at training camp for the Cleveland Browns this summer, there's one voice out of the mass along each side of the fields many of the players recognize."
- "As Eric Steinbach retires, a flashback" (Ohio.com) - "As former Browns left guard Eric Steinbach announced his retirement from the Miami Dolphins today, here's a flashback from the past -- my story on the former Iowa guard from April 20, 2003 that previewed that year's NFL Draft."
- "NFLPA rejects rule changes" (ESPN) - "The NFL Players Association did not approve rule changes involving the injured reserve list and the trade deadline, ESPN's John Clayton confirmed Wednesday."
- "Reid: Vick will be ready for opener" (AP) - "With a swarm of reporters surrounding backup quarterback Nick Foles, Michael Vick saw an opening and took off."
- "Panthers WR Smith sidelined with foot infection" (AP) - "Steve Smith was on crutches after being treated for what the Carolina Panthers described as a left foot infection."
- "Kromer tabbed as Saints' interim coach for first 6 games" (AP) - "The New Orleans Saints designated offensive line coach Aaron Kromer as the interim head coach for the first six regular-season games, when assistant head coach Joe Vitt will have to serve his suspension in connection with the NFL's bounty investigation."