After the Cleveland Browns host the Philadelphia Eagles on Friday, things are going to be fast-paced in terms of roster cuts. There are currently 89 players on the active roster, one short of 90 players after the team waived K Jeff Wolfert last week. Here is a schedule of when cuts are due for the Browns compared to the games being played:
- Friday, August 24th, 2012: The Browns play the Eagles at home, with 89 players.
- Monday, August 27th, 2012: Teams must trim their rosters to 75 players by 4:00 PM EST, so the Browns will need to waive 14 players. DBN will have another roster projection posted on August 25th of August 26th.
- Thursday, August 30th, 2012: The Browns play the Bears at home, with 75 players.
- Friday, August 31st, 2012: Teams must name their 53-man rosters by 9:00 PM EST, meaning 22 players will need to be waived. DBN will have its final roster projection posted the morning of August 31st.
- Saturday, September 1st, 2012: Players can be claimed off waivers and/or signed to a team's practice squad.
The Browns could gain an additional roster spot for the 75-player cut down if they decide to place a player like LB Chris Gocong on injured reserve (the alternative is to hope he can recover for the last game or two of the regular season, which would seem unlikely).