- "Browns won't show much against Eagles, but backup jobs are at stake" (News-Herald) - "So much been made of the Browns using the second game of the preseason as their 'dress rehearsal' instead of the third game, one might think Coach Pat Shurmur wanted to alter the order of the days of the week."
- "A rundown of every position as Browns training camp closes its gates to the public" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Put a bow on it: Browns training camp officially closed with Wednesday’s practice."
- "Players glad to see training camp end" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden will be sleeping in his own bed, alongside his wife, for the first time in a month tonight. Suffice to say, the rookie is very excited about the end of training camp — and checking out of the team hotel in Middleburg Heights."
- "A conversation with Cleveland's Phil Dawson" (FS Ohio) - "Phil Dawson has to be a freak of nature, or he’s simply extremely talented. In his first 12 seasons in the league, he made 10 field goals of 50 yards or longer. Last season alone he made seven."
- "Report: Teams calling Jaguars about Jones-Drew" (The SportsXchange) - "The Jaguars are answering the phone, but they aren't intently listening to inquiries regarding holdout running back Maurice Jones-Drew."
- "Mike Wallace, Maurice Jones-Drew not targets in Colts trade talk" (CBS Sports) - "Colts owner Jim Irsay fully embraces Twitter. In fact, you could say he embraces it a little too much. Thursday morning he got things rolling with the this understated tweet: 'TRADE WINDS BLOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'"
- "Goodell: NFL seeks long-term improvement with refs" (AP) - "NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says possibly using replacement referees for regular-season games is worthwhile to ensure long-term improvements to officiating."
- "Steelers ax special teams coach, hire ex-assistant" (AP) - "The Pittsburgh Steelers fired special teams coordinator Al Everest on Thursday and replaced him with former assistant special teams coach Amos Jones."