- "Problems? Yep. Cause for panic? Not just yet" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Coach Pat Shurmur didn’t appreciate the line of questioning late Friday night following the Browns’ 27-10 loss to the Eagles in the third preseason game."
- "AFC North report - what to expect in 2012" (FS Ohio) - "A look around the AFC North Division now that most regular starters are done for the preseason and final roster cuts are a little less than a week away..."
- "Thomas, Shurmur see strength up front" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Joe Thomas and coach Pat Shurmur feel the offensive line could be a strength of the Browns in 2012. The average age of the five starters along the Cleveland Browns’ offensive line is 24.6 years old, but with that youth comes a combined 16 years of NFL experience."
- "Brandon Weeden working to improve his grip on the football" (Plain Dealer) - "It's one thing for Browns coach Pat Shurmur to sneak up behind rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden in practice and try to knock the ball out of his hand, like he's done at times this camp."
- "Seattle names Russell Wilson starting QB" (AP) - "Pete Carroll and John Schneider were overjoyed during the April NFL draft when the Seattle Seahawks were able to grab Russell Wilson in the third round. Even they couldn't anticipate that Wilson would be the Seahawks' Week 1 starter."
- "Manning on the money in Broncos' loss to 49ers" (AP) - "That's the Peyton Manning the Denver Broncos and their fans have been waiting all summer to see. Magnificent. A machine. On the money. And no longer just a memory."
- "Sources: Tarvaris Jackson to Bills" (ESPN) - "The Seattle Seahawks have agreed to trade quarterback Tarvaris Jackson to the Buffalo Bills for an undisclosed draft pick, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Sunday."
- "A few records, milestones are set to be challenged in 2012" (SI.com) - "Jamaal Charles was one of the great casualties of 2011. Now he's back, in good health, and with a chance to shatter one of legend Jim Brown's seemingly unbreakable records."