- "Weeden sitting is the safe play, I guess" (WFNY) - "Pat Shurmur announced today that Brandon Weeden was going to sit out the fourth pre-season game this week. It has created debate all over sports talk radio and twitter as people try to figure out what their stance is on the topic."
- "Browns' fringe players hope for magic in final preseason game" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns quarterback Colt McCoy and the team's other bubble players will have one last chance against the Bears here tonight to prove they deserve a spot on the 53-man roster."
- "We take a stab at the Browns' final 53-player roster (kind of)" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Rosterology: After they get this last preseason game against Chicago out of the way on Thursday night, the Browns will have about 24 hours to cut their squad from 75 to 53."
- "Browns’ rookie lineman has benefited from extreme sports" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Billy Winn’s faux hawk fits right in at the skate park. His 6-foot-4, 295-pound frame? Not so much."
- "NFL moving on with replacement referees" (Yahoo! Sports) - "There's too much hand-wringing over the lockout of NFL referees. The biggest reason: Do you think there are many people in this country willing to give up a part-time job that pays six figures and doesn't require a unique set of skills aside from experience?"
- "Report: No trade for Jones-Drew" (ESPN) - "Jacksonville Jaguars general manager Gene Smith told the Florida Times-Union on Wednesday that he has no intentions of trading holdout running back Maurice Jones-Drew."
- "Problems persist with replacement officials" (PFT) - "As criticism of replacement officials mounts, another important difference between the locked-out officials and their substitutes is emerging."
- "What to Watch: NFL preseason Week 4" (SI.com) - "If you’ve never been to an NFL training camp and want to get some idea what it is like, then the fourth week of the preseason gives you a little taste."