- "Fans dealt worst blow in preseason madness" (FS Ohio) - "The NFL has no shame. Or perhaps those who follow sports have no shame, because fiascos like Thursday night are accepted with shrugs, as if being gouged is a mere eventuality."
- "Rule change adds flexibility to rosters" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "General manager Tom Heckert will have a couple more options this season to tweak his roster. The players’ union approved a rule change Thursday that will allow one designated player from each team to return from injured reserve rather than having to sit out the whole season."
- "Browns' preseason loss meaningful to borderline players" (Canton Rep) - "Thursday night’s 28-20 Bears blowout of the Browns was meaningless only for millions of people who follow the teams. It meant something to Rod Windsor."
- "AFC North preseason finale wrap-up" (AFC North Blog) - "Nearly all the AFC North teams played it safe in Thursday night's preseason finales. Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco and Brandon Weeden all sat out and watched the backup quarterbacks play."
- "Adrian Peterson 50-50 for Week 1" (ESPN) - "The Minnesota Vikings open the regular season against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sept. 9, and whether star running back Adrian Peterson plays may not be determined until just before kickoff."
- "Andy Dalton exits with elbow injury" (PFT) - "I’m sick of the preseason. The Cincinnati Bengals likely agree. Starting quarterback Andy Dalton suffered an apparent injury to his throwing arm after being sandwiched by a pair of Colts defenders on the opening drive of Thursday night’s preseason game."
- "NFL asks U.S. judge to toss concussion lawsuits" (AP) - "The NFL moved Thursday to try to shut down lawsuits filed by thousands of former players who say they suffered or fear suffering permanent brain injuries from football-related concussions, calling the issue a 'labor dispute' that should be resolved not by courts but by terms of the collective bargaining agreement."
- "Titans WR Britt to be suspended 1 game" (AP) - "The NFL has suspended Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt one game after a driving under the influence arrest, his eighth run-in with police since he was drafted in 2009."