- "Goodell wants sale of Browns completed soon" (FS Ohio) - "NFL commissioner Roger Goodell believes Jimmy Haslam III will officially be the owner of the Cleveland Browns soon, perhaps even in time for the start of the 2012 season."
- "Camp Confidential: Cleveland Browns" (AFC North Blog) - "Long before the announcement that Jimmy Haslam was buying the Browns, a new era had already begun in Cleveland. It started with the Browns moving up one spot in the draft to select running back Trent Richardson third overall."
- "Jason Pinkston aiming to take next step in his career" (Beacon Journal) - "A year ago, the Browns threw Jason Pinkston to the wolves after Eric Steinbach suffered a season-ending back injury during training camp."
- "Hey Tony!" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Much of this week’s Hey Tony inbox dealt with GM Tom Heckert’s future. Readers here are unanimous in pleading with Haslam not to blow up football operations."
- "Eagles coach's troubled son found dead at 29" (AP) - "Garrett Reid, the troubled 29-year-old son of Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid, was found dead Sunday in a dorm room at the club's Lehigh University training camp, where he spends most of his summers with his father."
- "Class of 2012 joins Hall of Fame" (AP) - "The linemen led the way as they always do, accepting their inductions into the Pro Football Hall of Fame with an abundance of humility. Curtis Martin finished the evening by supplying plenty of tears."
- "Manning's first Broncos scrimmage draws 41,304" (AP) - "On his first snap, Peyton Manning went deep. He overshot Demaryius Thomas but nonetheless showed off his arm strength to any doubters that might remain."
- "According to Lurie, Reid could be back as soon as tomorrow" (PFT) - "When Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said that coach Andy Reid will coach in the team’s preseason opener against the Steelers, many assumed that the day of the game –Thursday — will be Reid’s first day back to work after the sudden death of his 29-year-old son, Garrett."