- "Big Browns decision: Keep President Mike Holmgren or not?" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "The story of the sale of the Browns will continue to be written in the months and years to come. There will he hirings and firings. New marketing philosophies and business models."
- "Thomas senses the progress" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas feels more progress has been made to this point in training camp than compared to a year ago. Progress can be measured in many ways."
- "Haslam inherits a team on the rise" (Morning Journal) - "It would have been much easier for new Browns owner Jimmy Haslam to clean house had he bought the Browns three years ago than it might be now."
- "Browns should have named Weeden earlier" (AFC North Blog) - "Brandon Weeden was named the Browns' starting quarterback, coach Pat Shurmur announced after Monday's practice."
- "Terrell Owens signs with Seahawks" (ESPN) - "The Seattle Seahawks have agreed to a deal with free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens, the team announced Monday night. Sources told ESPN's Ed Werder that Owens received a one-year deal worth $1 million."
- "Sources: Jonathan Vilma offered deal" (ESPN) - "The NFL has offered to reduce New Orleans Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma's year-long suspension to eight games as part of ongoing settlement talks involving the league, the NFL Players Association and legal representatives for the four players who were suspended for their alleged participation in the team's bounty program from 2009-2011, according to sources familiar with the discussions."
- "Report: Vilma has no settlement offer from NFL" (SI.com) - "Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma received 'no settlement offer' from the NFL, according to NFL Network, though a proposal could still be made."
- "Female college ref to work game" (AP) - "Shannon Eastin will become the first female to officiate an NFL game when she works as a line judge for the Green Bay at San Diego preseason match Thursday night. The regular NFL officials have been locked out by the league."