- "Defense offers Cleveland Browns reason for hope in 2012" (Plain Dealer) - "In a town waiting for a reason to cheer, there weren't even many boos at the end of the Browns' 17-16 loss to Philadelphia."
- "A helmet-raising debut for Richardson" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Trent Richardson didn’t knock anybody’s socks off during his NFL debut Sunday at Cleveland Browns Stadium. But a helmet was a different story."
- "D'Qwell Jackson leads impressive defensive effort for Cleveland" (Morning Journal) - "It was D’Qwell Jackson’s first NFL touchdown. He wanted to make it special. So, he took flight."
- "Tony's Take: High marks for Browns everywhere but on offense" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Offense: Brandon Weeden was shockingly bad – 12 of 35 for 118 yards and four interceptions, 5.1 passer rating."
- "DeMaurice Smith happy with ruling" (ESPN) - "NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith sent a letter to players Sunday morning, exalting the recent decision to overturn suspensions handed down to New Orleans Saints involved in the bounty scandal."
- "Titans expect to have Kenny Britt for 20-to-25 plays next week" (PFT) - "As the Titans try to figure out what went wrong (and what went right . . . that list is shorter) in a 34-13 season-opening home loss to the Patriots, there’s good news."
- "RGIII delivers on hype, and more, in starry debut win over Saints" (SI.com) - "Knowing what we know now, it turns out it was the Washington Redskins who got the steal in March when they shipped a mere three first-round picks and change to St. Louis for the rights to draft Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III."
- "NFL Nation: 2012 Week 1 coverage" (ESPN)