- "Brandon Weeden needs patience of Cleveland Browns" (NFL.com) - "In terms of NFL beginnings, Brandon Weeden's first showing at quarterback for the Cleveland Browns was statistically significant. Not in a good way."
- "Brandon Weeden Report Card: Breaking down every pass" (Plain Dealer) - "Quarterback is arguably the most important position in pro football. Of the quarterback's many responsibilities, throwing the ball is by far the most important -- especially in today's NFL."
- "Shurmur discusses missed opportunities" (FS Ohio) - "Pat Shurmur broke into the subtle nuance of the professional game Monday when discussing the Browns opening day loss to the Eagles."
- "Same old, same old - Browns promising day ends in disappointment" (Beacon Journal) - "When it came to the atmosphere in Cleveland Browns Stadium, the contrast from the end of last season was startling."
- "Packers' Jennings has groin injury, status unclear" (AP) - "Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings has a groin injury, and his status for Thursday night's game against the Chicago Bears is unclear."
- "Jets' Revis has mild concussion, status uncertain" (AP) - "The New York Jets hope they won't be without Darrelle Revis for too long. Especially with the Pittsburgh Steelers' speedy wide receivers up next."
- "Replacement officials did solid work on opening Sunday" (PFT) - "Despite what you may have heard, the replacement officials working in the NFL while the regular officials remain embroiled in a contract negotiation are doing just fine."
- "NFLPA head writes to Roger Goodell" (ESPN) - "NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith sent a letter on Monday to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell that outlines the union's expectation for the process that should be followed in determining the ultimate fate of former and current New Orleans Saints players suspended for their alleged involvement in the bounty scandal."