- "Richardson fired up by Bengals LB Rey Maualuga's 'nothing spectacular' remarks" (Plain Dealer) - "Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Rey Maualuga might want to buckle his chin strap extra tight for the Browns game on Sunday."
- "Browns shouldn't think of benching Weeden" (AFC North Blog) - "Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden was bad. Very bad. The worst quarterback in the NFL after one game. That doesn't mean Weeden should be benched."
- "Pat Shurmur has to learn how to protect a fourth quarter lead" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Where criticism is valid: Head coaches get blamed for everything when their teams lose. This is especially true of Pat Shurmur."
- "Joe Haden apologized to teammates before suspension, has their support" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Life without No. 1 cornerback Joe Haden began Wednesday as the Browns started practice for Sunday’s game in Cincinnati. Haden was suspended Monday for four games for failing an offseason drug test."
- "Bears RB Forte injures ankle vs. Packers" (AP) - "Running back Matt Forte has left the Chicago Bears' game against the Green Bay Packers with an ankle injury."
- "Ryan Mathews cleared for contact" (AP) - "Running back Ryan Mathews has been cleared for contact but was limited in practice as the San Diego Chargers continued preparing for their home opener Sunday against the Tennessee Titans."
- "Jets' Revis out of 'fog,' hopes to play Sunday" (AP) - "Darrelle Revis walked off the field thinking he just had a headache - until he started feeling a bit strange."
- "James Harrison not expected to play Sunday against Jets" (PFT) - "Early in the day, James Harrison was confident. After missing yet another practice, however, there’s less reason for the Steelers to be."