- "In defeat, Brandon Weeden should have won over many detractors" (Plain Dealer) - "Everything around Brandon Weeden settles down now. That's not the same as becoming easier, but it certainly beats the alternative."
- "Trent Richardson struts his stuff against Bengals" (Beacon Journal) - "Browns rookie running back Trent Richardson conceded that it was a relief to get into the end zone. But he’s not sure where his celebratory somersault came from."
- "Browns secondary can't stop Bengals" (FS Ohio) - "The Cleveland Browns had a good defensive game in the opener -- and lost. Then they had a good offensive game in the second week -- and lost. Which brings up the question: Is a loss easier to take when the losing team looks good?"
- "Is Shurmur timid with his play calling?" (Canton Rep) - "Maybe it was one of those games that demanded the Browns take bold chances. Maybe it was lost when head coach Pat Shurmur went timid."
- "Giants angry at Greg Schiano" (ESPN) - "Tom Coughlin got heated with Greg Schiano after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' first-year coach told his players to knock Eli Manning to the ground as the franchise quarterback took a knee on the final play of the game."
- "NFLPA still concerned about replacement officials" (PFT) - "Though the NFL likely will continue to circle the wagons, more arrows are flying toward the Conestogas."
- "NFL pulls side judge for being Saints fan" (AP) - "The NFL has removed a replacement official from the New Orleans-Carolina game because it discovered he's a Saints fan."
- "The No Huddle and the Double Bubble" (ESPN) - [video] "Ron Jaworski breaks down the Falcons no huddle offense."