- "Gaining some more Mo" (Canton Rep) - "Wideout Mo Massaquoi’s disjointed 2011 season was barely over when Browns president Mike Holmgren said he was convinced the 2009 Round 2 draft pick could become one of the most valuable Browns."
- "Dome stadium for the Cleveland Browns? Too little, too late for at least one player" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Oh, give him a dome: The far-fetched idea of covering Cleveland Browns Stadium with a retractable roof perked up the ears of Phil Dawson after practice on Wednesday."
- "A conversation with Scott Fujita" (FS Ohio) - "Scott Fujita has seen a good name he built for 11 years in the NFL sullied by the league associating him with the New Orleans Saints alleged bounty (i.e. pay to injure) program."
- "Trent Richardson not used to losing" (Morning Journal) - "Trent Richardson, you’re not in Tuscaloosa anymore. The shock to the Browns’ prize running back isn’t the hitting or the speed or the life-changing money that goes along with being a star NFL player on a struggling football team. It’s the losing."
- "Flags by replacements, regular refs about the same" (AP) - "The numbers say there isn't much difference in the NFL with replacement officials. Comments from players and coaches say otherwise."
- "The true measure of Russell Wilson" (ESPN) - "When nobody was watching, a little quarterback practiced for his day in front of the cameras. He used a hairbrush for a microphone. His dad did the interviewing, prepping him in the hopes that one day a roomful of people would listen. Anything in his control, the kid would be prepared for it."
- "WR Nicks to miss Thursday's game vs. Panthers" (AP) - "The New York Giants will be without NFC offensive player of the week Hakeem Nicks for Thursday's game against the Carolina Panthers (1-1)."
- "Eli, Vick are on pace to break Brees’ record" (PFT) - "For the past few years, we’ve mentioned during the early weeks of the season the quarterbacks who were on pace to break Dan Marino’s single-season passing record of 5,084 yards."