- "Trent Richardson vows to keep fighting after taking step back vs. Bills" (Beacon Journal) - "Coach Pat Shurmur, clad in a suit and tie, put his left arm around rookie running back Trent Richardson’s shoulder and consoled him in the locker room Sunday after the Browns’ 24-14 loss to the Buffalo Bills."
- "A flat start and a flat finish make for another miserable afternoon at home" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Offense: It didn’t show up in the first and fourth quarters. Possessions in the first quarter: Three plays and punt, three plays and punt, three plays and punt."
- "Browns' latest abysmal effort should erase any need for Jimmy Haslam's patience" (Plain Dealer) - "Tell me again why Jimmy Haslam III should tread slowly in the name of continuity and stability? Really now. Why? To protect and serve up one of the stalest Sunday products in the league?"
- "Roof won’t hide problems facing Browns" (Beacon Journal) - "If Jimmy Haslam really wants to make changes to Browns Stadium, he should start with the tunnel that leads to the locker rooms. It looks awfully tacky this time of year."
- "Replacement refs stumble through more issues in Week 3" (SI.com) - "Another week and another set of mistakes from the replacement officials."
- "NFL needs to come down hard on coaches, players for griping about replacement refs" (Yahoo! Sports) - "The NFL's replacement referees stink. They are terrible, horrible, incompetent, of limited sight, limited mental capacity, biased and -- who knows -- perhaps even evil."
- "Darrius Heyward-Bey in stable condition, will spend night in hospital" (PFT) - "One of the day’s scarier scenes was the one that saw Raiders wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey carted off the field after a blow to the head from Steelers safety Ryan Mundy."
- "Tebow making subtle contributions" (ESPN) - "For all the hype and publicity Tim Tebow has received, his contributions for the Jets have been rather subtle."