US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
- "Regular refs to return for Browns-Ravens" (AFC North Blog) - "The lockout of the union officials should have never extended into the regular season, but the NFL wrapped it up the right way this week."
- "Weeden hopes to hit on long ball vs. Ravens" (Beacon Journal) - "A connoisseur of self-deprecating humor, Browns rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden often jokes about how he gave up way too many home runs as a pitcher in the minor leagues."
- "Browns rookies to be tested in Baltimore" (FS Ohio) - "Once he's handed the ball on Thursday night, Trent Richardson knows what's next. Hall of Fame-level contact."
- "No Joe Haden, and now an elite QB operating a no-huddle offense? No fair" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Evolution of a powerhouse: The Baltimore Ravens have been good on defense forever. Forever in their case is since 1996, their first year in Baltimore, and the first season of a rookie linebacker from the U. named Ray Lewis."
- "Refs due back Thursday night" (AP) - "So long, replacement refs. The NFL's regular crews will be back on the field starting Thursday night."
- "Belichick fined 50K, Kyle Shanahan 25K by NFL" (AP) - "The NFL fined New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick $50,000 and Washington Redskins assistant Kyle Shanahan $25,000 on Wednesday for their conduct toward replacement officials."
- "Beanie Wells out at least 7 games" (AP) - "The Arizona Cardinals will be without running back Beanie Wells for at least seven games because of a severe turf toe injury suffered in Sunday's 27-6 victory over Philadelphia."
- "Chargers sign Floyd to 3-year contract extension" (AP) - "The San Diego Chargers signed receiver Malcom Floyd to a three-year contract extension Wednesday through 2015. Financial terms of the deal weren't disclosed."