Rob Carr - Getty Images
- "Night of low expectations for Cleveland Browns instead brings some real optimism" (Plain Dealer) - "I know, the Browns lost, 23-16, to the Ravens -- and pro football is all about the bottom line."
- "Browns rediscover pride against Ravens" (Beacon Journal) - "They appeared overmatched, especially against a Baltimore Ravens offense that was much more balanced than they’d faced in recent years."
- "Predictability, imbalance on offense and a key dropped pass doom the Browns" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Offense: It got very predictable – first down pass, second down run, third down pass. In the second half, they threw 30 times and ran five times."
- "Order restored with return of the officials" (AFC North Blog) - "The locked-out officials returned for their first game Thursday night and were treated like celebrities."
- "Lions QB Stafford is back and DT Williams is out" (AP) - "The Detroit Lions got a boost on offense with Matthew Stafford's return to practice."
- "No practice yet this week for Steven Jackson" (PFT) - "Last week, Rams running back Steven Jackson missed every practice with a groin injury. He played against the Bears, but he gained only 29 yards."
- "Cheers as NFL refs return: 'It's good to be back'" (AP) - "The final pass of the game sailed out of the end zone, saving the regular refs from the same type of call that brought the replacements to the height of unpopularity just three days earlier."
- "Roger Goodell apologizes to fans" (AP) - "The replacement officials are gone and the NFL is sorry it took so long. Now fans can go back to complaining about the calls made by the regular refs."