- "Richardson antsy for his return, expects to play Sunday" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "When rookie running back Trent Richardson had a screw inserted in a second ankle within his first two years of high school, doctors feared he wouldn’t be able to play football again."
- "Weeden eager to live his new big-league dream" (Beacon Journal) - "When 18-year-old Brandon Weeden strutted onto the pitcher’s mound for his minor-league baseball debut in Tampa, Fla., 10 years ago, he didn’t hear the roar of the crowd. Only crickets."
- "Video: Eagles-Browns prediction" (ESPN) - "The NFL Live crew makes their picks for Eagles-Browns."
- "Art Modell's decision to move Cleveland Browns haunted him for rest of life" (Plain Dealer) - "Years after Art Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore, he'd sit in his owners' suite when the Browns were in town and belly laugh with visitors from Cleveland about the good ol' days."
- "Vikings RB Peterson says he's ready to play" (AP) - "Adrian Peterson hasn't wavered all summer: He says he is ready to play for Minnesota in the season opener."
- "Bills WR Stevie Johnson nursing groin injury" (AP) - "The hat Stevie Johnson wore had the word 'Blah!' written on it, and yet the Buffalo Bills receiver was a little more upbeat in discussing a groin injury that prevented him from practicing Thursday."
- "Texans RB Foster 'OK' after leaving practice" (The Sports Xchange) - "Texans running back Arian Foster was tweeting MRI exam results on his injured hamstring to his legions of fans and fantasy football types at this time last season."
- "Expectant father Roethlisberger will skip game if needed" (The Sports Xchange) - "Ben Roethlisberger is about to become a dad, and he's not taking the life-changing event lightly. That includes being present for his son's arrival -- even if that means missing a game."