David Richard-USA TODAY Sports
- "Mike Zimmer may not tell the Browns what they want to hear, which is good" (ESPN Cleveland) - "The search picks up: The current phase of the Browns’ coaching search involves assistant coaches not currently involved in the playoffs."
- "Analysis: What Browns' Haslam says, and what he is thinking" (Canton Rep) - "What can Jimmy Haslam do as owner of his billion-dollar Browns that would come anywhere near the jolt of finally finding that priceless head coach?"
- "Browns coach search and why the excitement over Chip Kelly was justified" (WFNY) - "Despite all my criticisms of the Browns’ media handling in the hunt for Chip Kelly, I fully supported their chase of him as a coach for the Browns. The idea of Chip Kelly coaching the Browns was awesome."
- "Browns need to tone it down with their coach search" (News-Herald) - "Now would be a good time for the Browns to ease off the gas pedal on the maniacal "COACH SEARCH 2013!!!!!!" Easy, fellas. Cut your engines, cool your wings and taxi to the terminal zone."
- "Robert Griffin III, other NFL players likely fearful of 'Jay Cutler' treatment" (Yahoo! Sports) - "In January 2011, Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler sprained his MCL in the NFC championship game. Rather than stay in the locker room or head to the hospital, he stood on the sideline under a heavy coat and watched the Bears lose to the Green Bay Packers."
- "Doctor optimistic after Redskins' RG3 knee surgery" (AP) - "If Adrian Peterson can do it, maybe Robert Griffin III can, too. Peterson set an incredible standard this season for NFL players returning from major knee surgery, nearly breaking the NFL single-season rushing record."
- "Colts VP Telesco hired as Chargers' GM" (AP) - "San Diego Chargers President Dean Spanos didn't hesitate to reach outside the organization to hire Tom Telesco from the Indianapolis Colts to replace fired general manager A.J. Smith."
- "Panthers name Dave Gettleman GM" (ESPN) - "The Carolina Panthers hired New York Giants senior pro personnel analyst David Gettleman as their new general manager to end their lengthy search to fill the position."