- "State of the Browns" (OBR) - "Even though the Browns have named Rob Chudzinski their new head coach, it is hard to predict what direction they will go in their offensive and defensive philosophies until the staff is completed. However, we’re going to evaluate the current roster of players and rank them in our view of their contribution to the Browns going forward. We’re breaking it down into offensive players and defensive players."
- "Can Weeden mirror Flacco's success?" (Canton Rep) - "This is better done in chunks of five, so the paragraphs aren’t so long. In their first 12 years as the Baltimore Ravens, starting in 1996, the former Cleveland Browns used the following starting quarterbacks: Vinny Testaverde, Eric Zeier, Jim Harbaugh, Tony Banks ..."
- "Is Derek Anderson joining the Browns to teach or start?" (WFNY) - "'Are you kidding me?' my wife said to me as we were driving to my parents’ house on Saturday afternoon when I informed her of the Derek Anderson back to Cleveland rumors. My wife (as many of you already know) isn’t a Browns fan. Sometimes I run Browns things by her just to take the pulse of a non-Cleveland sports fan to see if I’m nuts."
- "What's the next chapter in the rise, fall and return of Rob Chudzinski to the Browns?" (ESPN Cleveland) - "The rise of Chud: New Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski was a surprise hire as Browns offensive coordinator in 2007. By the end of his first year on the job, he was an instant legend. It is not an overstatement to say the 2007 Browns were the best offensive team in the franchise’s modern history after Paul Brown."
- "Fox stands by decision, Elway supports his coach" (AP) - "John Fox would tell Peyton Manning to take the knee again. John Elway, of all people, agreed with that call. Given the ball at his 20 with 31 seconds, two timeouts and one of the best quarterbacks in the game, the Broncos coach decided to run out the clock and head to overtime."
- "Brendon Ayanbadejo rips Patriots" (ESPN) - "The war of words between the Baltimore Ravens and New England Patriots already is under way. While New England was in the process of defeating the Houston Texans on Sunday to set up an AFC Championship Game rematch with Baltimore, Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo ripped the Patriots on Twitter, particularly criticizing their no-huddle offense."
- "Patient Eagles interviewed Ken Whisenhunt" (AP) - "Add yet another name to the Philadelphia Eagles' list of coaching candidates. Former Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt interviewed with Philadelphia on Monday morning as the team's search to replace Andy Reid entered its third week."
- "A second look at Tony Gonzalez’s clutch catch" (SI.com) - "Matt Bryant’s season-long field goal was a 55-yarder, so the Falcons needed 12 yards or so to put Bryant on that line when they lined up with 19 seconds left in Sunday’s game vs. Seattle."