Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
- "Kelly-to-Philadelphia raises more questions" (FS Ohio) - "The Chip Kelly saga says more about Kelly than it does about the Browns, but it raises questions about both. Because even though the Browns did not have a first choice in their coaching search, they still interviewed Kelly for seven hours and waited around for him the next day while he talked to the Eagles."
- "Cleveland Browns miss out on Chip Kelly" (Morning Journal) - "The Browns did not look bad when Chip Kelly spurned them and the Eagles during a brief fling in Arizona a couple weeks ago. Now that Kelly has decided to coach the Eagles instead of returning to Oregon, two questions have to be asked: Did the Browns go after Kelly hard enough? Will they be better off with Rob Chudzinski in the long run?"
- "Would you want Manti Te'o on the Browns despite his reported dishonesty?" (Plain Dealer) - "Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o has been caught in quite a fabricated story, one that doesn't necessarily diminish opinions of his playing ability, but one that damages something more important, his reputation as a man." - POLL
- "Done With Denver, Our Blood Boils Over Baltimore" (TheClevelandFan.com) - "Maybe, it’s just because we haven’t gotten over the move. Maybe it’s the blood on Ray Lewis’s hands, or at least his suit. But, maybe enough time has passed. Did Browns fans, the ones that find a way to make every happening in the NFL rotate around Cleveland Browns football, find themselves rooting for Peyton Manning and the Broncos last weekend?"
- "Mel Kiper Jr. predicts Browns will draft Florida State DE Bjoern Werner at No. 6" (Beacon Journal) - "ESPN.com published analyst Mel Kiper Jr.’s first mock draft of the year this morning, and he predicted the Browns will select Florida State defensive end Bjoern Werner sixth overall."
- "Bears hire CFL coach Trestman to replace Smith" (AP) - "The Chicago Bears hired Montreal Alouettes coach Marc Trestman on Wednesday to replace the fired Lovie Smith."
- "Source: Lovie Smith prepared to sit" (ESPN) - "If former Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith fails to land a head-coaching job elsewhere, he's prepared to sit out the 2013 season because he's not interested in any of the coordinator jobs, according to a source with knowledge of the situation."
- "Chip Kelly hire puts all QB options, including Geno Smith, on Eagles’ table" (SI.com) - "Could Chip Kelly, now that he’s been named head coach of the Eagles in a stunning turn of events, decide that he needs to use the No. 4 pick in this year’s draft on Geno Smith?"
- "Te’o girlfriend hoax creates confusion, could impact draft stock" (PFT) - "The inspiring story of Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o became a lot more uplifting during the 2012 season, when it was revealed that he was playing in the wake of a pair of personal losses — his grandmother and his girlfriend had died."