- "Questioning the Browns' front-office moves" (FS Ohio) - "Mike Lombardi’s hiring as Vice President of Player Personnel of the Cleveland Browns became official on Friday when the team held a press conference to welcome him. The question is how long he’s been working “unofficially” for the Browns, and how the hire plays with fans."
- "Applause for Cleveland Browns' moves will come only with wins" (Plain Dealer) - "OIC famously stands for 'Only in Cleveland,' but 'Only in Berea' has made a real name for itself. Browns press conferences have provided some of the strangest theatre this side of Quentin Tarantino over the years. Friday's introduction of Mike Lombardi was just another episode."
- "Why did Browns hire Mike Lombardi? Go back to 1998 draft" (Beacon Journal) - "Bryan Broaddus has an intimate knowledge of what Browns CEO Joe Banner sees in Mike Lombardi, and it all goes back to their days with the Philadelphia Eagles."
- "Michael Lombardi has a lot to prove to Cleveland Browns fans" (WFNY) - "I’ve come a long way with the Cleveland Browns since I started writing about them in the Romeo Crennel era. The hope of being a fan seeped strongly into everything I did and I always looked for ways to think about things working out."
- "Joe Thomas one of three finalists for NFL Walter Payton Man of the Year" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns left tackle Joe Thomas has been named one of three finalists for the NFL's Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, which was announced at halftime of the AFC Championship Game."
- "Playoffs have been all about offense" (ESPN) - "No wonder all but one of the NFL teams looking for new leadership went for offensive coaches. Last week, 276 points -- an average of 69 a game -- were scored in the divisional round of the playoffs. Will the trend continue in the championship games? You have to think it will."
- "This might be it for Tony Gonzalez, but football fans should hope he wants more" (Shutdown Corner) - "It may get lost in the shuffle a bit if the Baltimore Ravens lose the AFC title game to the New England Patriots and Ray Lewis officially retires as well, but we may have just seen the final game for the greatest tight end in NFL history."
- "Chip Kelly hire puts all QB options, including Geno Smith, on Eagles’ table" (SI.com) - "Could Chip Kelly, now that he’s been named head coach of the Eagles in a stunning turn of events, decide that he needs to use the No. 4 pick in this year’s draft on Geno Smith?"
- "Report: Matt Ryan has sprained AC joint" (PFT) - "The season came to a painful end for Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan in more ways than one."