- "Norv Turner ready to take a look at Weeden" (Canton Rep) - "The NFL is a place where a former No. 1 overall pick with a gaudy 104.1 passer rating can be benched during the season — with stunning results. If it can happen to Alex Smith in San Francisco, it certainly can happen in Cleveland."
- "Shades of 2007?" (OBR) - "With the hiring of Rob Chudzinski, Browns fans should have a sense of optimism that they will finally be able to potentially see a high-flying, modern day NFL offense as soon as next season. Also, by adding Norv Turner as offensive coordinator, the Browns should be able to get the most out of the players they currently have, with the potential to add more via free agency."
- "Browns hire Jon Embree to coach tight ends and Brian Baker for outside linebackers" (Plain Dealer) - "The Browns have hired former Colorado head coach Jon Embree to coach tight ends on head coach Rob Chudzinski's staff. They also have added former Cowboys defensive line coach Brian Baker to coach outside linebackers."
- "Seen and heard at the Senior Bowl" (FS Ohio) - "They came, they saw and they asked questions. The eyes of the NFL, from coaches to scouts to those with fancy titles in between, were on 100 or so football players of various builds, various backgrounds and various skill sets."
- "Examining Darrelle Revis' trade value" (ESPN) - "The New York Jets are expected to put star cornerback Darrelle Revis on the trade market this offseason. But it will be challenging for New York to get equal value in return for the best cornerback in football. Revis is coming off a season-ending knee injury, which hurts his value."
- "New GM Idzik has plenty of challenges with Jets" (AP) - "John Idzik shook Rex Ryan's hand and the two shared a big laugh in front of more than a dozen cameras."
- "Roger Goodell: 2014 Super Bowl weather not an issue" (AP) - "Super Cold? NFL officials aren't just bracing for potential wintry weather at next year's Northeastern Super Bowl - they're embracing it, Commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday."
- "Ravens FS Reed: 'I'll be playing next year'" (AP) - "Ravens safety Ed Reed isn't planning on joining teammate Ray Lewis in retirement after the Super Bowl."