- "Ray Horton plans on using defense in a multiple of ways" (Morning Journal) - "Right up there with bar stool debates on global warming, gun control and the economy is the one that has Cleveland in its grip: Will switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense doom the Browns?"
- "Horton steers clear of Rooney Rule debate" (Beacon Journal) - "Some might have expected Ray Horton to use his introductory news conference as Browns defensive coordinator to campaign for changes to the Rooney Rule. Instead, Horton uttered a statement Tuesday that taken out of context could do more to inflame sentiments than advance the cause of minority hiring in the NFL."
- "Weeden draws inspiration from fan" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Cleveland Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden has drawn inspiration for his football career, and life, from the way six-year old Gavin Kuykendall has battled hypoplastic heart syndrome, which meant the young man was born with half a heart."
- "Ozzie Newsome reaches his second Super Bowl as Ravens GM after avenging -- at last -- John Elway" (ESPN Cleveland) - "The root of it all: If you could go back and change anything about the Browns since 1999, what would it be? That’s a question I’ve often been asked. Now, 14 years later, the answer is fairly obvious."
- "Art Modell belongs in Hall of Fame: Ozzie Newsome" (Plain Dealer) - "I am a Cleveland Brown and I will always be a Cleveland Brown. I was proud to wear that orange helmet for 13 years and represent all those great Browns fans who were so good in supporting my team throughout my career."
- "Ray Lewis, Ravens deny deer antler spray report" (SI.com) - "A visibly agitated Ray Lewis refused to address during Tuesday’s Super Bowl XLVII Media Day a Sports Illustrated report that Lewis, while recovering from a torn triceps earlier this season, inquired about a product that includes a substance banned by the NFL."
- "Rams opt not to hire Ryan, name Bush LB coach" (AP) - "The St. Louis Rams have decided not to hire Rob Ryan as defensive coordinator and stepped in a new direction by hiring Frank Bush as linebackers coach."
- "Jim Caldwell should be a head coach" (ESPN) - "Rooney Rule or no Rooney Rule, Jim Caldwell deserves another shot at being a head coach in the National Football League. The Baltimore Ravens would not have made a run to the Super Bowl without him."
- "Flacco no fan of cold-weather Super Bowl" (AP) - "Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco apologized for his word selection in criticizing the NFL's decision to hold next year's Super Bowl in an outdoor stadium at a cold-weather site."