Reid Compton-US PRESSWIRE
- "Browns have interviewed Penn State's Bill O'Brien, Syracuse's Doug Marrone" (Plain Dealer) - "The Browns interviewed Penn State coach Bill O'Brien for their head coach vacancy this week, a league source told The Plain Dealer today. They also interviewed Syracuse coach Doug Marrone on Thursday in Arizona, a league source confirmed for The Plain Dealer."
- "Browns’ exhaustive coaching search is refreshing" (WFNY) - "It came out this morning that the Browns’ brass interviewed former Arizona Cardinals coach (and former Pittsburgh coordinator) Ken Whisenhunt. This, on the heels of their interview with Ray Horton and news of their forthcoming interview with Chip Kelly."
- "Cowher lurks on sideline while Browns seek coach" (Canton Rep) - "The Browns’ 2008 season had just ended when owner Randy Lerner summoned 15 media people into a conference room. Very infrequently, Lerner invited a single reporter into his private office for a one-on-one interview."
- "Ranking the 2012 Browns from 1 to 53" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Here we go again: Ranking the Browns players from 1 to 53 always is a sobering experience. It puts into perspective how far away the team is from being truly competitive, let alone elite."
- "Andy Reid close to Chiefs deal" (ESPN) - "The Kansas City Chiefs are on the verge of a deal to make Andy Reid their next head coach, according to league sources."
- "Mike McCoy to interview with 3 teams" (ESPN) - "Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy is scheduled to interview for head coaching jobs with the Buffalo Bills, Arizona Cardinals and Philadelphia Eagles on Saturday, according to a league source."
- "Colts give Bears permission to interview Arians" (AP) - "The Indianapolis Colts want offensive coordinator Bruce Arians to stick around a little longer. They also understand he wants to become an NFL head coach."
- "'Final say' could become an issue for G.M. hire in Kansas City" (PFT) - "With Andy Reid reportedly poised to become the next coach of the Chiefs (of course, it’s been close for six hours now), plenty of names are bubbling up for the position of G.M., if/when Reid takes the job."