Brian Spurlock-US PRESSWIRE
- "Browns better off without Chip Kelly" (Plain Dealer) - "Maybe Chip Kelly and the Browns would have worked. Maybe the Oregon coach could have ripped up the roster and put together a new one quickly to fit his system. Maybe Kelly is The Next Great Thing."
- "Browns mishandling media during coaching search" (WFNY) - "The Browns aren’t having the best couple days in their coaching search, at least from the perspective of rumor and anonymous sources. The team camped out in Arizona presumably to talk to Chip Kelly primarily."
- "Browns start over again after returning home without a coach" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner were returning to Cleveland on Sunday without Chip Kelly and without a leading replacement. The Oregon coach either spurned the Browns or turned them off with his waffling."
- "Browns moving on from Oregon's Kelly" (AP) - "Chip Kelly won't be packing his visor or high-powered offense and joining the Browns. A person familiar with Cleveland's coaching search says the team will not be hiring Oregon's offensive wizard, who nearly reached an agreement with the Browns on Friday."
- "Colts' Bruce Arians hospitalized" (ESPN) - "Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians was hospitalized Sunday with an undisclosed illness and was not with the team for its wild-card playoff game against the Baltimore Ravens."
- "Jets continue GM search, with Gamble front-runner" (AP) - "The New York Jets were moving forward with their search for a new general manager, with San Francisco 49ers executive Tom Gamble appearing to be the front-runner to replace Mike Tannenbaum."
- "Eagles to interview Mike McCoy in Denver" (AP) - "The Philadelphia Eagles took their coaching search to Denver to interview Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy on Sunday after a lengthy meeting with Oregon coach Chip Kelly a night earlier in Arizona."
- "Bears meet with McCoy about coach job" (AP) - "A person familiar with the situation says the Chicago Bears are meeting with Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy in Denver to discuss their coaching vacancy."
- "Robert Griffin III re-injures knee" (ESPN) - "Washington Redskins rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III left Sunday's NFC wild-card game against the Seattle Seahawks in the fourth quarter due to another injury to his right knee."