Matthew Emmons-US PRESSWIRE
- "Source: Jon Gruden isn’t on Cleveland’s radar screen" (PFT) - "Chip Kelly won’t be the next coach of the Cleveland Browns, and Jon Gruden won’t be, either. Contrary to a report from the Cleveland Plain Dealer that the Browns “might” pursue Gruden, a source with direct knowledge of the situation tells PFT that Gruden isn’t, and won’t be, on the Browns’ radar screen."
- "List of potential Browns coaches is lengthy" (FS Ohio) - "Chip Kelly and his built-for-speed, built-for-the-wide-open college game offense are staying in the college ranks. We won't know what the NFL version of this offense would have looked like, and that's a big part of the disappointment that comes with the Browns watching their first choice for their head coaching job decide to keep his current one."
- "Trestman on radar could mean Gruden up Haslam’s sleeve" (Canton Rep) - "If the Browns don’t want Marc Trestman to be their head coach, would they chase him as offensive coordinator? Jon Gruden’s offensive coordinator, perhaps?"
- "Browns should interview Bengals' Zimmer" (AFC North Blog) - "Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden is getting looks from the Eagles and Cardinals to be a head coach. Some may question this considering how the Bengals' offense flopped in the playoffs."
- "Robert Griffin III has partial tears of ACL and LCL, MRI suggests" (Washington Post) - "The MRI exam of Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III’s right knee shows that Griffin has suffered possible partial tears of his anterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments, according to several people with knowledge of the test results."
- "Colts' offer support to Arians in every form" (AP) - "Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians remained in a Baltimore hospital on Monday, a day after he was missed the team's playoff loss to the Ravens."
- "Source: Chris Clemons tore ACL" (ESPN) - "The NFL's toughest scoring defense will be missing one of its most important players Sunday when the Seattle Seahawks play the top-seeded Atlanta Falcons and quarterback Matt Ryan in a divisional playoff game."
- "Chiefs introduce Andy Reid as new head coach" (AP) - "The first call that Andy Reid received came from Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt. Reid had just been dismissed after coaching the Eagles for 14 seasons, and was back at his office after addressing his team one last time."