- "Brandon Weeden says it's 'still my football team' and expects to start again" (Plain Dealer) - "Brandon Weeden, who's lost his starting job to Brian Hoyer, is proceeding as though he'll be starting again this season."
- "Browns building dominant defense" (WFNY) - "Jabaal Sheard missed Sunday’s game with a knee injury. Quentin Groves was also out. Defensive lineman Billy Winn wasn’t able to go. Those are three productive players on the Browns’ front seven."
- "Lockdown Haden" (OBR) - "The challenge was put to Joe Haden almost immediately after the team’s win over the Minnesota Vikings. A.J. Green is coming for you. The Bengals wide receiver came to Cleveland on Sunday, but he and his team left defeated. Haden was a big reason why."
- "Mingo makes history in victory" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Outside linebacker Barkevious Mingo made history when he registered a sack on Cincinnati quarterback Andy Dalton with 1:09 remaining in the first quarter of the Cleveland Browns’ 17-6 win."
- "Vince Wilfork has torn Achilles" (ESPN) - "New England Patriots defensive tackle Vince Wilfork has a torn right Achilles tendon and is likely out for the season, a league source confirmed Monday morning."
- "Chargers' Dwight Freeney has torn quadriceps, out indefinitely" (AP) - "San Diego Chargers outside linebacker Dwight Freeney has a torn quadriceps muscle that could sideline him for several weeks or even the rest of the season."
- "Freeman hints at Buccaneer smear campaign" (PFT) - "Buccaneers (for now) quarterback Josh Freeman has responded to the report regarding his status in Stage One of the league’s substance abuse program."
- "Baseball shifts Chargers-Raiders game to Sunday night" (NFL.com) - "A clash of tenants at O.co Coliseum has set the stage for an unusual Sunday night in the NFL."