- "Josh Gordon shrugs off trade rumors as team says it's 'not shopping' him" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns coach Rob Chudzinski reiterated Wednesday the club is 'not shopping' receiver Josh Gordon and has no plans to trade him."
- "Rabbit-chasing becomes meal ticket for Browns’ returner Travis Benjamin" (Beacon Journal) - "Rabbit-chasing was a game for Travis Benjamin growing up. A grimy one, too, because a successful catch meant diving into the Everglades slime."
- "Weeden getting second chance to impress" (AP) - "The disgust came quickly, boos raining down from every corner of the stadium on Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden before he had barely broken a sweat."
- "Browns kick off ceREAL Food Drive" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Every fall, the Cleveland Browns hold an annual food drive at their last home game prior to the Thanksgiving holiday. And this year, they wanted to extend the opportunity to help the hungry in Cleveland by involving the youngest Browns fans."
Jimmy Haslam and Pilot Flying J:
- "Haslam faces complex inquiry" (ESPN) - "Four years ago, as most of the trucking industry grappled with the recession, Jimmy Haslam ordered top sales executives of his truck stop empire from around the country to come to a meeting at the company headquarters in Knoxville, Tenn."
- "The Haslam family fortunes" (ESPN) - "Sometime after lunch on an ordinary Monday, a marketing meeting slogged on as a procession of police cruisers, FBI agents in bulletproof vests and the IRS made its way up a hill to Jimmy Haslam's family empire."
- "Mock GM: Josh Gordon to 49ers, more trades that should happen before deadline" (SI.com) - "The NFL trade season already has been more active than usual, with former first-round picks Trent Richardson, Levi Brown and Eugene Monroe on the move. Who might be next to come off the block?"
- "Hold your horses: Running QBs might want to reconsider" (CBS Sports) - "The Carolina Panthers drafted Cam Newton two years ago, and with the lockout a factor in his development, Ron Rivera did the smart thing and took a number of concepts from Auburn so he could get Newton on the field early."
- "Trading Tony Gonzalez? It's not as crazy as it sounds" (NFL.com) - "Julio Jones is gone. He took with him any hope of a Super Bowl run for the Atlanta Falcons. That's how special Jones is, and how important the wide receiver was to his team's offensive scheme. Is Matt Ryan good enough to lift the 1-4 Falcons back to respectability?"
- "Andrew Luck, Colts doing just fine in season of Peyton Manning's monstrous run" (Yahoo! Sports) - "Across the Indianapolis Colts' lost autumn of 2011, with Peyton Manning recovering from spinal fusion surgery and his ability to return to an elite level very much in doubt, owner Jim Irsay zeroed in on Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck."