- "Brandon Weeden blocking out critics" (AP) - "These days, Brandon Weeden's critics come in all shapes and sizes - and from every direction. One foolish pass, if it can even be called a pass, has made the Browns quarterback Cleveland's most maligned athlete."
- "Joe Banner says Tim Tebow rumor is just that" (Morning Journal) - "There’s nothing to be made of free-agent quarterback Tim Tebow being spotted at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport earlier this week, said Browns CEO Joe Banner."
- "Rob Chudzinski looking to improve third-down defense" (Plain Dealer) - "The racing wiener dogs at FirstEnergy Stadium got more exercise after the first half Sunday than Detroit Lions punter Sam Martin did. The rookie was only trotted out to hold for extra points and field goals during a second half in which the Lions converted 6-of-7 third downs en route to a 31-17 win."
- "Team Stands United" (OBR) - "There has been non-stop debate on talk radio, in newspapers and on social media since last Sunday's second half collapse against the Lions. Most of it has been directed at the play of quarterback Brandon Weeden."
- "It's like Von Miller never really left" (ESPN) - "Mere minutes after his Broncos teammates finish practice, a shirtless Von Miller, chicken wing in one hand and five playing cards in the other, fills the locker room with his trademark baritone staccato laugh."
- "Patriots place LB Jerod Mayo on injured reserve" (AP) - "New England linebacker Jerod Mayo will miss the rest of the season with the latest serious injury to a Patriots defensive star."
- "Jarvis Jones misses practice with 'head' injury" (PFT) - "As the Steelers prepare for their first crack at their arch-rivals from Baltimore since the Ravens won the Super Bowl, the Steelers may not have one of their key young players."
- "Report: NFLPA files two grievances to get Aaron Hernandez paid" (CBS Sports) - "In August, about two months after Aaron Hernandez was arrested in connection with the killing of Odin Lloyd, the NFLPA filed a grievance against the Patriots to pay their former tight end the $82,000 offseason workout bonus he supposedly earned."