- "Weeden has a '90 percent' shot of starting Sunday for Cleveland" (Plain Dealer) - "There's a '90 percent chance' the Browns will start quarterback Brandon Weeden Sunday against the 7-0 Chiefs, but he's 'on a short leash,' a league source told cleveland.com Tuesday."
- "Weeden's next start, expected to be Sunday, may be his last" (WKNR) - "Back to where it ended: The Browns haven’t won a game with Brandon Weeden at starting quarterback since Dec. 9. Dec. 9. The opponent was the Kansas City Chiefs and the Browns rolled, 30-7. But those Chiefs weren’t exactly the same Chiefs the Browns will see Sunday in Kansas City."
- "What You Need to Know Heading into Week 8" (b/r) - "The Cleveland Browns are now 3-4 and have lost two straight games. Their disastrous road trip will conclude in Kansas City, where the undefeated Chiefs await."
- "Bracing for unbeaten Chiefs, who are reminding everyone inspiring turnarounds possible in NFL" (ABJ) - "For Browns fans seeking a reason to believe their favorite NFL franchise could eventually stage a dramatic turnaround, the Kansas City Chiefs should provide a source of hope."
- "Jeff Garcia reaches out to Browns" (ESPN) - "Former NFL quarterback Jeff Garcia told a Cleveland radio station Tuesday that he called the Cleveland Browns seeking a tryout. As if the team's quarterback situation isn't quirky enough."
- "Rams bring in QB Quinn for depth" (AP) - "The St. Louis Rams have agreed to a contract with Brady Quinn, quickly adding another quarterback after losing Sam Bradford to a season-ending left knee injury. Kellen Clemens, the backup the past two years, will make his first start since 2011 on Monday night against the Seahawks."
- "Report: Eagles will start Michael Vick in Week 8" (CBS Sports) - "After putting up some impressive stats in Week 6, Nick Foles struggled badly against the Cowboys in Week 7. He also suffered a concussion so having him back for this coming week seems like a stretch. Fortunately for the Eagles it appears Michael Vick will be able to start."
- "Week 7: Defenses get offensive" (ESPN) - "The pick-six disease afflicting Matt Schaub and other quarterbacks has spread. Jay Cutler threw a pick-six to Washington Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo before leaving with a groin injury in the second quarter of the Chicago Bears' 45-41 loss."
- "Head Trauma in Football: A Special Report" (SI.com) - "Three years ago today, I sat in the office of Massachusetts neuropathologist Ann McKee, who studies the brains of deceased former football players to discover the effects of repetitive brain trauma."