- "Norv Turner says Brandon Weeden missed plays 'he knows he could've made'" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns offensive coordinator Norv Turner made it clear Thursday that regardless of the circumstances, demoted quarterback Brandon Weeden left too many plays out on the field."
- "Horton predicts turnaround: ‘You’ll see kind of a different Cleveland Browns defense’" (ABJ) - "Browns defensive coordinator Ray Horton called his shot Thursday, vowing to guide his men to a turnaround after they allowed 31 points in each of the past two losses."
- "Chiefs' pass rush a big test for offensive line" (Morning Journal) - "Browns offensive tackles Joe Thomas and Mitchell Schwartz will earn their money Sunday in Kansas City if they manage to keep quarterback Jason Campbell on his feet. The Chiefs have the best pass rush in the NFL. The Browns’ pass protection? Not so much."
- "Teammates confident in Campbell" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "After coach Rob Chudzinski named Jason Campbell the starting quarterback for the Cleveland Browns heading into Sunday’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium, the players began their on-field preparation for the NFL’s lone undefeated team."
- "NFL, Riddell ending helmet deal" (ESPN) - "The 2013 season will be the last to feature Riddell as the official helmet of the NFL, a league spokesman and the company confirmed Thursday night."
- "Rams don't deny chasing Favre, never discussed Tebow as replacement" (CBS Sports) - "Multiple members of the Rams organization declined to comment on the ESPN report on them contacting Brett Favre."
- "Peyton returns to practice, as expected" (PFT) - "The football-following world got a surprise on Thursday, when Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning missed practice with an ankle injury."
- "Dallas, Detroit, Miami to play NFL London in 2014" (AP) - "The Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions and Miami Dolphins will travel to London next year to take part in the NFL International Series, the league announced Thursday."