- "Barring trades, quarterback Jason Campbell can help Browns salvage season" (Beacon Journal) - "Before Sunday, Jason Campbell was considered a journeyman, a mentor, and the Browns’ last resort."
- "Rob Chudzinski uses timeouts uniquely" (ESPN) - "Coach Rob Chudzinski did not go with “chalk” when he used his timeouts in the Cleveland Browns 23-17 loss to the Chiefs. The Browns trailed by three when Davone Bess fumbled a punt return with 7:02 left."
- "Jason Campbell Shows Enough in 1st Start for Cleveland Browns Not to Tank" (b/r) - "You can’t help but wonder what might have been if quarterback Jason Campbell started the last three games for the Cleveland Browns. Would they have been winless on this three-game road trip, or would they have stolen a victory or two along the way?"
- "Davone Bess fumbles punt, drops pass in 4th quarter of loss to Chiefs" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Davone Bess was billed as Mr. Reliable when the Browns traded for him during the draft in April. He’s been anything but through eight weeks with Cleveland. Bess’ disappointing year took a turn toward dismal Sunday in a 23-17 loss to the 8-0 Chiefs."
- "New Quarterback, Same Results As Browns Lose to Chiefs" (TheClevelandFan.com) - "The Cleveland Browns lost to the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday by the score of 23-17. It was the Browns third consecutive defeat, dropping them to 3-5 as the 2013 NFL season hits the halfway mark."
- "Week 8: Cleveland Browns vs. Kansas City Chiefs highlights" (NFL.com) - "The Kansas City Chiefs improve to 8-0, outlasting the Cleveland Browns 23-17 behind quarterback Alex Smith's 265 total yards and two touchdowns." - VIDEO
- "Eagles' Michael Vick heard hamstring 'pop'" (NFL.com) - "Chip Kelly has a quarterback problem. His starter, Michael Vick, can't stay on the field. His backup Nick Foles struggled in his last start before suffering a concussion. The team's third quarterback, Matt Barkley, looks like a rookie."
- "Week 8: Not featuring the run" (ESPN) - "Running backs have yet to move to the forefront of playoff races. We're eight weeks into the season, and there have been only 28 games in which a running back had 100 yards."
- "Sorting the Sunday Pile: Peyton Manning, Broncos D bounce back" (CBS Sports) - "With the Redskins -- fresh off a DeAngelo Hall interception returned for at touchdown -- leading 21-7, things looked pretty bleak for the Broncos."