- "Browns originally chose Weeden over Campbell because 'we didn't know a lot about' Weeden" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns coach Rob Chudzinski wasted no time Monday naming Jason Campbell his starter for the Ravens game Sunday, and explained why he chose Brandon Weeden over the experienced Campbell to start the season."
- "Campbell’s play the true indictment of Weeden" (WFNY) - "Three straight three and outs. The Kansas City Chiefs marching up and down the field, seemingly 14 plays at a pop to score points. An offense that looked like they wouldn’t cross midfield let alone score. Why do we waste our time with this?"
- "Gordon trade talk continues despite Chudzinski's denial" (Sports Xchange) - "With the trade deadline looming Tuesday, rumors continue to swirl around Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon, despite denials by coach Rob Chudzinski. Right or wrong, that is what he must say at this point, so there is not telling."
- "Bess' struggles go beyond one game" (ESPN) - "Davone Bess did not back down from accountability for a bad day in Kansas City. 'Just got to make the necessary plays, man,' Bess said today of his three-drop, one-fumble day in the Browns loss to the Chiefs."
- "Forecasting trade winds before Tuesday deadline" (CBS Sports) - "The trade deadline is finally, almost here. We have accumulated as much empirical evidence about the teams, and their needs and their odds of reaching the postseason as we are going get prior to the Tuesday afternoon cutoff."
- "RG3's knee is 'fine' - Redskins passing game isn't" (AP) - "Robert Griffin III's knee is fine. The same can't be said about any facet of the Washington Redskins' passing game."
- "Redskins are aggressively shopping Fred Davis" (PFT) - "With the trade deadline less than a day away, the Redskins are trying hard to make a deal. Per a league source, Washington hopes to trade tight end Fred Davis."
- "Brandon Meriweather intends to go low, tear people’s ACLs and end careers" (SI.com) - "Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather served his one-game suspension (reduced from two games on appeal) Sunday, missing a loss in Denver."