The Cleveland Browns are looking to win their third straight game as they take on the Buffalo Bills at home in Week 5 on Thursday Night Football. Here are some nuggets about tonight's game, as well as how you can watch or listen to the game.
Game Time/Date: Thursday, October 3rd, 2013 at 8:25 PM EST
Location: FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH
TV Channel: NFL Network- Brad Nessler (play-by-play) and Mike Mayock (analyst)
Local TV: WKYC, Channel 3
Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)
Weather: 71 degrees, scattered thunderstorms, 60% chance of rain, 8 MPH S wind
Odds: Browns by 4 points.
- Browns RB Willis McGahee was a first-round pick by the Bills in 2003, which was a decade ago. Other than that, there really aren't any former player connections on either team.
- The Browns have a chance to win three games in a row, but it hasn't been too long ago since they've done that: they did it from Weeks 12-14 under Pat Shurmur just last season. The Browns have only had five three-game winning streaks since 1999, though, which is a pretty sad number.
- LB Barekvious Mingo could be the first player since Terrell Suggs in 2003 to record at least one sack in his first four NFL games.
- LT Joe Thomas has played 6,125 consecutive snaps, which is the longest active stretch in the league. His teammate, C Alex Mack, has played 4,200 consecutive snaps.
- The last time these two teams met was on September 23, 2012 in Cleveland. The Browns lost by a final score of 24-14. It was a game in which C.J. Spiller was destroying the Browns early on, helping them jump out to a 14-0 lead, before suffering an injury. Despite playing rather poorly, a touchdown pass from Brandon Weeden to Travis Benjamin near the end of the third quarter somehow made it a close 17-14 game. Bills wide receiver Stevie Johnson sealed the game with a 9-yard touchdown grab in the fourth quarter, though.
- The Browns were interested in hiring Bills head coach Doug Marrone at one point.
- Today will be the NFL's first game in breast cancer awareness month, so get ready to see lots of pink.
More from Dawgs By Nature:
- Bills vs. Browns: NFL Week 5 Preview and Prediction
- Browns' Week 5 Scouting Report: Buffalo Bills
- Bills vs. Browns: Week 5 Game Time, TV Schedule, Online Streaming and more
- Bills vs. Browns: Getting to Know the Enemy With Buffalo Rumblings
- Krupka's Week 4 Browns Film Room: Barkevious Mingo
- Bills vs. Browns: Week 5 TV Coverage
- Game Review: Browns Stay Creative in 17-6 Win Over Bengals
- DBN Radio: Listen to Our 10/1/13 Episode
- Daily Dawg Chow: Browns news (10/3/13)