- "Sometimes the Best Trades Aren't Made" (FS Ohio) - "With the NFL trade deadline passing, Browns fans can take a deep sigh of relief that Josh Gordon is still on the roster. After weeks of rumors by national correspondents that the Browns were entertaining offers to possibly deal Gordon and Jordan Cameron among others, nothing materialized."
- "How could the Browns blow so many quarterback decisions in half a season?" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Easy as 1, 2, 3: They say that quarterbacks are the toughest position to evaluate. I agree when it comes to college quarterbacks. Projecting an NFL quarterback from a shotgun, spread gunslinger who plays 11 times a year in a college conference with no defense indeed is a guessing game."
- "Browns sign WR Armanti Edwards, OL Reid Fragel to active roster" (ABJ) - "The Browns signed free-agent wide receiver Armanti Edwards in addition to signing rookie offensive lineman Reid Fragel off the practice squad of the Cincinnati Bengals, the team announced today."
- "Josh Cribbs on why Jets can rebound from loss: 'We're not the Browns'" (CBS Sports) - "The Jets were embarrassed Sunday by the Bengals, so much so that coach Rex Ryan decided not to show his team the game film in an effort to put the debacle behind them as quickly as possible."
- "What we're not overreacting to at midseason" (NFL.com) - "Eight weeks is enough time to give up on your team for the season. It's enough time for us to look back at what we've learned so far in the AFC and NFC. It's enough time to think we know something about this season, when we probably have no clue."
- "Calvin Johnson should leap into MVP consideration with Peyton Manning" (Yahoo! Sports) - "Somehow, a 6-foot-5 man named 'Megatron,' has been overlooked. The NFL buzzed over Dez Bryant and whether he went heel in his sideline rant at the end of the Cowboys' last-second loss to Detroit."
- "Sidney Rice suffered torn ACL in Seahawks win over Rams" (SI.com) - "The Seattle Seahawks gained just 135 total yards in their 14-9 win over the St. Louis Rams on Monday night, and an offense that is struggling despite the team’s 7-1 record just got some more bad news."
- "Jermichael Finley: 'I plan to play'" (ESPN) - "Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley does not believe the neck injury he sustained earlier this month will end his career."