- "Hoyer determined to make comeback" (AP) - "Brian Hoyer's right knee has a long way to go before it's completely healed. He's also trying to mend a broken heart."
- "Josh Gordon happy he wasn't traded" (ESPN) - "An assurance from Cleveland Browns coach Rob Chudzinski did not keep Josh Gordon from staying by his phone Tuesday. As the NFL trade deadline approached, Gordon did not want to miss anything."
- "Armanti Edwards wants fans to appreciate what he offers today" (Plain Dealer) - "An NFL veteran looking for a fresh start spent the better part of a seven-minute interview Wednesday answering questions about a 2007 college football game."
- "What You Need to Know Heading into Week 9" (b/r) - "The Cleveland Browns have lost three games in a row but will head back home to try and turn things around with a new starting quarterback and against a divisional foe."
- "Talking Ravens-Browns with Chris Pokorny, a Browns blogger from Dawgs by Nature" - "Each week, we enlist a blogger who regularly writes about the Ravens’ opponent to help me break down the game. This week, I exchanged emails with Chris Pokorny, who blogs about the Browns for Dawgs By Nature."
- "49ers' Aldon Smith Turns Himself In" (NBC Bay Area) - "San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith surrendered to authorities Tuesday night and then almost immediately posted bail, according to a source close to the case."
- "Shonn Greene, Chris Johnson vying for Titans carries?" (NFL.com) - "Shonn Greene will see his load increase out of the Tennessee Titans' backfield. Coach Mike Munchak said Wednesday that Greene should accumulate around 15 carries per game moving forward."
- "Ray Rice: Incident not what it seemed" (ESPN) - "Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice said he didn't intentionally spit on Cleveland Browns defensive lineman Phil Taylor seven weeks ago."
- "Eric Wright close to joining the 49ers' active roster" (NFL.com) - "The San Francisco 49ers are poised to add another asset to their defensive backfield. Jim Harbaugh told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport on Wednesday that cornerback Eric Wright could be back this week or next week."