- "Browns pluck trick-shot artist Alex Tanney off Cowboys’ practice squad" (ABJ) - "The Browns are signing a superhero disguised as a backup quarterback. Well, maybe not exactly, but that’s the type of fanciful reputation Alex Tanney has earned with his trick-shot powers."
- "On the run game -- or lack thereof" (ESPN) - "There may have been many good and wise reasons for the Cleveland Browns to trade Trent Richardson. In Indianapolis, Richardson has provided no reason whatsoever to make the Browns lament the deal."
- "Don't blame Browns safety T.J. Ward for speaking the truth" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Telling it like it is: I believe Browns safety T.J. Ward spoke for all of us when he expressed utter contempt with what he saw from his team’s offense Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers."
- "NFL officials missed the blow to Jason Campbell's head" (Plain Dealer) - "NFL officials blew it when they missed Steelers cornerback William Gay drilling Jason Campbell in the head during Sunday's loss to the Steelers -- and it cost the Browns a realistic shot of getting back in the game."
- "Seahawks CB Thurmond suspended 4 games" (AP) - "Back from their bye week, with the best record in the NFL and heading into a Monday night showdown with the Saints, Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks spent Tuesday dealing with the kinds of distractions they believed were over."
- "Mike Shanahan defends tenure" (ESPN) - "Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan again defended his four-year tenure Tuesday. Shanahan acknowledged that, when a team is 3-8, there's a reality to the situation."
- "Browner’s predicament possibly arises from unfair implementation of substance-abuse policy" (PFT) - "The details remain scant regarding the proposed one-year suspension of Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner. Erroneously reported by the league’s own network as a violation arising from the use of performance enhancing drugs, the suspension arises from the substance-abuse policy."