Game Time/Date: Sunday, December 22nd, 2013 at 1:00 PM EST
Location: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
TV Channel: FOX - Marv Albert (play-by-play) and Rich Gannon (analyst)
Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)
Weather: 66 degrees (feels like 66), 30% chance of snow, 14 MPH SSW wind
Odds: Jets by 1½ points.
Per 506sports.com, the areas in green on the map below will get to see the Browns vs. Jets game live on CBS at 1:00 PM EST:
- Former Browns on the Jets include WR David Nelson and TE Kellen Winslow. WR Joshua Cribbs is also a member of the Jets, but is on IR.
- WR Josh Gordon currently leads the NFL in receiving yards, but needs to stay pace ahead of WR Calvin Johnson. Gordon has 1,467 yards receiving, while Johnson has 1,449 yards receiving. Gordon is averaging an absurd 19.8 yards per catch.
- OLB Jabaal Sheard needs a sack to become the first Brown to record a sack in four straight games since Anthony Pleasant did it in five straight games in 1995.
- SS T.J. Ward needs an interception to surpass his single-season career high of two set in 2010.
- P Spencer Lanning needs six punts inside the 20-yard line to tie Brad Maynard (32 in 2011) and Bryan Warner (32 in 1989) for the Browns season record.
- The last time these two teams met in the regular season was on November 14, 2010 in Cleveland, with the Jets barely escaping with a win in overtime by a final score of 26-20. After stunning the Saints and Patriots, the Browns were looking to win three straight games.
With 0:44 left in the fourth quarter, QB Colt McCoy connected with WR Mohamed Massaquoi for a touchdown to tie the game at 20-20. The Browns were driving in overtime, but WR Chansi Stuckey had a critical fumble that cost the team a shot at kicking a game-winning field goal. It looked like the game was going to end in a tie, but with 0:16 left, the Jets stunned the Browns as WR Santonio Holmes' had a 37-yard catch-and-run touchdown.