- "It Must Be the Gods. No Franchise Could Be This Screwed Up For This Long" (SI.com) - "The worst part of having The Football Gods aligned against you isn’t the constant losing. It isn’t the draft picks who come already washed up or the coaches who seem chronically overmatched."
- "What's next for the Browns?" (FS Ohio) - "The Cleveland Browns are in the market for a head coach again. They probably have some phone numbers from last year's search, but it's unclear if there's a favorite or a timetable."
- "Browns open search by requesting permission to interview Josh McDaniels, Dan Quinn, Adam Gase, Todd Bowles" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "The Browns started the search for their next coach immediately. That’s a necessity because they aren’t alone in the market. After the NFL’s version of Black Monday, six teams were looking for coaches."
- "Haslam and Banner’s media savvy couldn’t save them today" (WFNY) - "Today’s meeting between Jimmy Haslam and Joe Banner and the local press corps had the same impressive polish and tone that impressed me so many months ago. Back then, Haslam and Banner were the archetype for how you want your NFL team to be."
- "Where it went wrong for Chudzinski" (ESPN) - "Where did it go south for Rob Chudzinski? The cynical answer is to say when he took the job knowing he was working in a structure where CEO Joe Banner and GM Mike Lombardi had more input or as much input on personnel as he had."
- "Eric Edholm Says Josh McDaniels Will Be A Great Coach Somewhere" (92.3 The Fan) - "Yahoo’s Eric Edholm joined Mike 'Chico' Bormann on 92.3 The Fan Monday night to talk about the Browns decision to fire Rob Chudzinski. Edholm talked about the job that Chud did in Cleveland..."
- "Ranking NFL head coach openings: Lions top the list" (CBS Sports) - "There are currently six NFL head coach openings. The Texans fired Gary Kubiak weeks ago, the Browns fired Rob Chudzinski on Sunday and the Lions, Redskins, Vikings and Buccaneers cleared out their respective coaching staffs on Monday morning."
- "Jairus Byrd, Buffalo Bills still hoping for long-term deal" (NFL.com) - "Last summer's ill will between franchise player Jairus Byrd and the Buffalo Bills is no longer of the lingering variety."
- "Peyton Manning mark under review" (ESPN) - "History is getting a second look. Peyton Manning's stat line from the Denver Broncos' 34-14 win Sunday over the Oakland Raiders was 25-of-28 passing for 266 yards and four touchdowns."