CHirs Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports
- "Moving Toward Competitiveness" (OBR) - "In the end, the Cleveland Browns 2012 season ended like so many others since 1995 - double digit losses. The Browns finished 5-11, marking the 12th time in 15 seasons that the team finished with 10 or more losses. Yeah, it has been that bad. Of course, each offseason brings renewed hope."
- "Jimmy Haslam on being Browns owner: Everything you do and say is magnified way more than it should be" (ESPN Cleveland) - "The Haslam Chronicles: Jimmy Haslam is a quick study on things he doesn’t know. And in his brief term as owner of the Browns, he has learned a lot – especially in the last week."
- "What if the Browns take a QB in the first round, and who are the top contenders?" (Beacon Journal) - "This is the 15th in a 20-part series examining some possibilities for the Browns in the 2013 NFL Draft, including extensive looks at the most likely prospects for the No. 6 overall selection, potential targets later in the draft, trade-down scenarios, what the other teams in the AFC North might do and the top players coming out of Ohio State and the Mid-American Conference."
- "2012 Position Review: Special Teams" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "As ClevelandBrowns.com looks back at the 2012 season, we break down the year position-by-position, and today’s spotlight is on the special teams."
- "RG III's progress encourages team" (ESPN) - "Although it is only a little more than a month since Robert Griffin III underwent reconstructive knee surgery, Washington Redskins officials are encouraged enough with his recovery to believe he has a legitimate chance to start in the 2013 opener, according to team and league sources."
- "Chiefs wants to keep Dwayne Bowe" (PFT) - "Last year, Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe was a free agent. His freedom was restricted by the franchise tag. In August, he opted to accept the one-year, $9.5 million offer."
- "Bills continue defensive purge by cutting CB McGee" (AP) - "Cornerback Terrence McGee was hoping the Buffalo Bills would give him one last shot to prove that he could still play. That opportunity will have to come elsewhere, after the Bills continued their purge of veteran defensive players by releasing the oft-injured McGee on Thursday."
- "Redskins GM: No name change being considered" (AP) - "Washington Redskins general manager Bruce Allen said Thursday the team isn't considering a new nickname, adding that it's "ludicrous" to suggest that the franchise is trying to upset Native Americans."