USA TODAY Sports
- "It's a bad year for a top 10 pick says Mike Mayock, but likes Georgia's Jarvis Jones" (Plain Dealer) - "NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock thinks the Browns should opt for Georgia pass-rusher Jarvis Jones with their No. 6 pick, doesn't think it's a good year to have a top 10 pick and wouldn't draft a quarterback at No. 6."
- "Brandon Weeden places 26th in our annual QB rankings, right between Andy Dalton and Ryan Tannehill" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Ranking the QBs: As the Browns embark on acquiring a competitor to -- if not a replacement for -- Brandon Weeden, we decided to compile our quarterback rankings now rather than wait for the slow weeks before training camp."
- "Browns preparing for NFL Scouting Combine" (News-Herald) - "It’s another year and that means another personnel director and head coach are getting ready to lead the Browns entourage into the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis this week."
- "Browns host NFL Regional Combine" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "More than 100 football players from across the country worked out in football-specific and later, position-centric drills at the 2013 NFL Regional Combine at the Cleveland Browns’ Casey Coleman Fieldhouse Sunday."
- "Mike Mayock: Bjoern Werner isn't a top-10 prospect" (NFL.com) - "With the NFL Scouting Combine just days away, NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock is talking up a 2013 NFL Draft class low on quarterback gems, but deep with talent in the trenches."
- "Franchise tag breakdown by team" (SI.com) - "The NFL’s two-week franchise tag window opened on Monday and will run through March 4. Because the 2013 salary cap has not been set officially yet, the final numbers on franchise (and transition) tags are still a bit up in the air."
- "Focus on safety not waning" (ESPN) - "One of the features of the annual scouting combine is the first meeting of the NFL competition committee."
- "Packers release C Jeff Saturday" (AP) - "The Green Bay Packers have released veteran center Jeff Saturday. General manager Ted Thompson announced the move Monday. Saturday signed a two-year deal with the Packers as an unrestricted free agent in March 2012 after playing 13 seasons with the Indianapolis Colts."