- "Statistics show West Coast was never the best route for Cleveland Browns' Brandon Weeden" (Plain Dealer) - "Is Brandon Weeden the right quarterback for the Browns in 2013? The new front office and coaching staff are trying to figure that out now. They certainly will bring in another quarterback, as I hear they don't consider Colt McCoy a viable starting option."
- "Who will compete to be Browns' QB?" (AFC North Blog) - "It's been expected that there would be a quarterback competition on the Cleveland Browns this year after everyone in the organization has been noncommittal on Brandon Weeden being the starter. On Friday, Browns owner Jimmy Haslam confirmed it."
- "A reminder that Browns need new material" (Canton Rep) - "Just a song before I go, a postscript from the Funky Pirate. Big Al Carson, the soulful tunesmith of whom we spoke a few columns ago, could stand to update his routine."
- "Cleveland primer for new athletes in town" (WFNY) - "I watched Doug Dieken receive a lifetime achievement award at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards a couple weeks ago. Dieken is a guy who figured it out. He played hard his whole career in Cleveland, then stuck around and built a very nice life for himself and his family, starting a couple of businesses and becoming a commentator for the Browns."
- "Superdome power an issue before big game, AP finds" (AP) - "Concerned the Superdome might not be able to handle the energy needed for its first Super Bowl since Hurricane Katrina, officials spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on upgrades to decayed utility lines, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press."
- "Dashon Goldson to San Francisco 49ers: Don't franchise me" (AP) - "San Francisco 49ers franchise safety Dashon Goldson believes he has earned a long-term contract, and hopes not to play on a one-year deal again in 2013."
- "What's next for Baltimore Ravens, San Francisco 49ers" (SI.com) - "Having snapped the NFC's three-year Super Bowl winning streak, but continued the NFL's recent trend of seeing a lower-seeded hot team ride postseason momentum all the way to the parade-planning stage, the Baltimore Ravens stand astride the football world today."
- "Merchandise donated to charity" (ESPN) - "The San Francisco 49ers may have lost the Super Bowl, but items proclaiming them champions will be put to good use."