- "Release of DE Frostee Rucker kicks off the Joe Banner-Mike Lombardi Browns era" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Look out below: The conclusion of the Super Bowl means … we’re off and running on another new era of the Browns. On Tuesday, teams were given the green light to resume business -- specifically, to delete players from their rosters and contracts from their salary structures."
- "A look at possible Browns target Dee Milliner, Alabama CB" (Beacon Journal) - "Each morning will bring a new, daily posting leading up the NFL Scouting Combine on Feb 20. Today, we continue with the best defensive back in the draft, a cornerback from Alabama who's used to being at the top of the rankings."
- "Don't Tell Us How To Feel" (TheClevelandFan.com) - "If we’ve learned anything about ourselves along the way, in this seemingly never-ending saga of being Cleveland fans, it’s this. We don’t like being told how to feel it. It's like virtually every character on ABC's LOST uttered at one point or another, don't tell me what I can't do."
- "Suggestions for Browns' new uniforms" (AFC North Blog) - "Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said last month that the team is exploring the possibility of changes to its uniforms. I understand that the new look will coincide with the new regime. It's all symbolic of a fresh start."
- "Giants release Ahmad Bradshaw, Chris Canty" (AP) - "The New York Giants continued their roster purge after missing the playoffs, cutting leading rusher Ahmad Bradshaw and defensive tackle Chris Canty."
- "Once a flat-out superstar, how much does hobbled Vick have left?" (CBS Sports) - "Before there was Robert Griffin III and Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson and the talk of a pistol revolution, there was a guy named Michael Vick."
- "Packers WR Donald Driver calls it a career" (AP) - "Donald Driver found a way to retire in style. On Wednesday, the popular Green Bay Packers wide receiver celebrated his 14-year career during an event at Lambeau Field with family, friends, a handful of teammates and 1,500 fans who filled the atrium and lined balconies to get a glimpse of him."
- "Early Super Bowl favorites for 2013" (ESPN) - "Recent history says it's going to be difficult for the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers to make it back to the Super Bowl. No team has made a repeat appearance in the big game since the New England Patriots after the 2004 season."
- "Doug Flutie to get shot as knuckleballer with Diamondbacks" (SI.com) - "Doug Flutie will be remembered as a great quarterback, but as a knuckleballer with the Arizona Diamondbacks? The former NFL Pro-Bowl quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner from Boston College is going to get his shot."