- "Not Very Optimistic" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Browns WR Josh Cribbs joined 'The Really Big Show' with Aaron Goldhammer, Je'rod Cherry, and Tony Grossi for an exclusive interview to discuss his contract status, his tenure with the Browns, and his plan for free agency."
- "Josh Cribbs' comments about talks with other NFL teams inaccurate, say agents" (Plain Dealer) - "The agents for Josh Cribbs have disputed the Browns veteran's statement during a radio show Thursday that they're already negotiating with other teams. Such behavior would constitute tampering according to NFL rules."
- "Attack is the keyword for the Browns defense" (FS Ohio) - "Some day it’s the chicken, others the egg. So it goes with the Cleveland Browns' new defensive system, a chicken or egg question if ever there was one. Did the Browns adopt the new system because they hired coaches who believe in it, or did they choose the coaches because they believe in the Browns preferred system?"
- "Cleveland Sports Vault: What Browns Fans Need to Know About Fred" (TheClevelandFan.com) - "I am not exactly a Woody Allen kind of guy. He is brilliant, and clever. He is also whiny, and self-absorbed. And you know how Opening Day at Progressive Field is fun, despite having to tolerate the onslaught of the superficial, see-and-be-seen crowd? Attending Woody Allen’s films is very similar to that."
- "AP Source: Salary cap increases to $123 million" (AP) - "The NFL salary cap for the 2013 season will rise to $123 million from $120.6 million in 2012, an NFL Players Association official familiar with negotiations over the figure told The Associated Press on Thursday."
- "Cowboys redo 5 contracts, save cap space" (AP) - "The Dallas Cowboys have reworked the contracts of five starters, including DeMarcus Ware, Jason Witten and Miles Austin, to save salary cap space."
- "Chris Johnson has lofty '13 goals" (ESPN) - "Chris Johnson is confident of achieving big things in the 2013 season. Not only does he expect to rush for more yards than Adrian Peterson, he also believes he can make a run at Eric Dickerson's all-time single-season rushing record."
- "2013 NFL Mock Draft 2.0" (SI.com) - "We told you this year's draft was one of those exception-to-rule affairs, and the just-completed NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis seemed to confirm it."