Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports
- "Browns await free agent frenzy" (FS Ohio) - "At this point it’s all immaterial. The Browns have $45 million in salary cap room and they either can’t, won’t or were told not to expend any of it on a veteran leader. Onward. Where will the money go?"
- "Browns’ foundation doesn’t include current free agents" (Morning Journal) - "Team owner Jimmy Haslam III says former general manager Tom Heckert left the new regime with a strong foundation, but apparently that foundation does not include any of the players about to hit free agency."
- "It’s Show Time!" (OBR) - "As the new Browns regime of Joe Banner and Michael Lombardi begin their era of player acquisitions for the Browns, all eyes will be on them to see what they do. Up until now, there has been nothing but speculation as to what the new brain trust will do in re-shaping the Browns roster. In many regards, the Browns are in a ‘perfect storm’ as they enter free agency."
- "James Harrison flirts with idea of playing in Cleveland, but no talks yet" (Beacon Journal) - "Former Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebacker and Akron native James Harrison would welcome a chance to play for the Browns."
- "Giants reach agreement with DT Jenkins" (AP) - "Defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins has signed a three-year contract with the New York Giants, a person with knowledge of the deal said Sunday."
- "Bengals re-signed PK Mike Nugent" (AP) - "The Cincinnati Bengals have re-signed place kicker Mike Nugent for two years, preventing him from becoming a free agent."
- "Report: Broncos 'expressed interest' in Revis; CB wants 'resolution ASAP'" (CBS Sports) - "'Tis the season for silly speculation, and with Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis squarely on the trading block -- despite what Rex Ryan would try to tell you -- there's a crazy amount of rumors surrounding what teams could be interested."
- "Top 50 free agents of 2013" (SI.com) - "The deadline has passed for teams to assign franchise tags to the impending free agents they want to keep. Those who weren't tagged and don't re-sign with their teams before 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 12 will officially enter the free agent market."