- "Browns' first signing is a questionable one" (AFC North Blog) - "The Browns' new regime of Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi made their first free-agent signing, agreeing to terms on a five-year, $40 million contract with linebacker Paul Kruger less than an hour into free agency."
- "One man’s plan on how Browns should spend those bucks wisely" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "The Browns have tons of money to spend and lots of holes to fill. Luckily for them, free agency officially starts today at 4 p.m. After a three-day window in which teams were allowed to negotiate with agents but not talk to players, finalize deals or publicly discuss their intentions, players will be free to sign this afternoon."
- "Which free-agent quarterback will Browns sign? Derek Anderson speculation won’t die" (Beacon Journal) - "The Browns are expected to pursue a quarterback in free agency as they search for someone to compete with incumbent starter Brandon Weeden."
- "Front office still interested in Ryan Mallett" (Plain Dealer) - "The Browns were one of two teams that inquired about trading for Patriots quarterback Ryan Mallett Tuesday, according to a report. The other team was Tampa Bay. Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald reported that the two clubs expressed interest in acquiring the former third-round pick out of Arkansas, but that a deal was unlikely at this time."
- "Joshua Cribbs to decide between Cardinals, Patriots" (PFT) - "Former Cleveland Browns wide receiver and kick returner Joshua Cribbs has narrowed his list of possible options down to just two."
- "Eagles cut Nnamdi Asomugha" (ESPN) - "The Philadelphia Eagles released former Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha on Tuesday, the team announced. Asomugha and the Eagles spent recent days seeing if a restructured deal made sense for each side."
- "Rams snag free-agent TE Jared Cook" (CBS Sports) - "The Dolphins wanted to add one more member to the budding #dreamteam in South Florida, but just like with Jeff Fisher they lost out to the Rams when it came to tight end Jared Cook, who signed with the Rams on Tuesday, CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports."
- "TE Bennett leaving Giants for Bears" (AP) - "The Chicago Bears insisted they would get Jay Cutler the help he needed. Clearly, they were serious."
- "Bills open free agency by cutting QB Fitzpatrick" (AP) - "Having already changed coaches this offseason, the Buffalo Bills are starting from scratch at quarterback, too."