- "Chris Weinke is working with Cleveland Browns' Brandon Weeden and thinks future is bright" (Plain Dealer) - "If fellow pro baseball-player-turned-NFL-quarterback Chris Weinke wasn't working so hard with Brandon Weeden on his footwork right now, the two might have time to sit around and chat about bumpy bus rides to sleepy towns and being called "grandpa" in college."
- "Banner Report: The Linebackers" (WFNY) - "Today, we kick things off with a look at the linebacking position. The Browns will be moving from Dick Jauron’s 4-3 to Ray Horton’s 3-4. Due to injuries and Bountygate suspensions, the 2012 linebacking corps was in a constant state of flux."
- "Ezekiel ‘Ziggy’ Ansah could be an intriguing pick for Cleveland" (Morning Journal) - "You’re going to be hearing and reading about Ezekiel 'Ziggy' Ansah a lot over the next seven weeks leading up to the draft — maybe over the next seven or 10 years if the Browns choose to build their defense around him."
- "Browns maintain season-ticket prices for fifth consecutive year" (Beacon Journal) - "The Browns will not increase season-ticket prices for 2013, the team announced today. This is the fifth consecutive year in which season-ticket prices have been maintained, and the average cost of a Browns ticket is the second least expensive in the NFL, according to a press release distributed by team."
- "Jets in no rush to trade Darrelle Revis" (SI.com) - "The New York Jets are in no rush to make a move in regards to their elite cornerback Darrelle Revis. New York, which has publicly said it wants to keep Revis but also has done nothing to stop any rumors that he is available for the right price - a kings ransom - has no timetable on figuring out where to go from here."
- "Report: Patriots, Wes Welker make 'progress' on a new deal" (CBS Sports) - "The Patriots, like their AFC East rivals the Dolphins, have many different ways that they could go with the franchise tag by 4 p.m. ET on Monday. One guy who looks like an unlikely candidate is wideout Wes Welker, who would command an $11.4 million tag number."
- "Moss falls short of greatness" (ESPN) - "If this is the end of Randy Moss' career -- and it may very well be as the San Francisco 49ers wide receiver prepares to become an unrestricted free agent -- it's time to start wondering about his legacy. The Hall of Fame will be a certainty."
- "Why Tim Tebow shouldn't be cut by the New York Jets" (NFL.com) - "Maybe New York Jets general manager John Idzik didn't quite say what he meant. Maybe, when he insinuated to season ticket holders in a conference call that Tim Tebow would be on the roster for training camp, it came out sideways. That's what the word out of Jets land was afterward."