Evan Habeeb-US PRESSWIRE
- "Browns likely in a spending mood as free agent negotiation period nears" (Plain Dealer) - "The Browns have a fistful of cash, and they're not afraid to spend it in free agency. With the new three-day negotiating period that precedes free agency beginning Friday at midnight, the Browns -- who are at or near the top of the NFL with more than $45 million in cap room -- promise to be active."
- "Would the Browns consider signing Wes Welker?" (Red Right 88) - "With free agency starting next week in the NFL, the Cleveland Browns have an opportunity to start filling some important holes on the roster. And while the defense would appear to be the primary area to focus on, when you are coming off yet another 5-11 season there are plenty of areas that could use help on both sides of the ball."
- "Cleveland Browns: 2013 team needs" (Pro Football Weekly) - "Norv Turner takes over Cleveland’s offense and figures to get the most out of Trent Richardson, who is a 300-plus-touch kind of running back. Turner’s offenses have been predicated on quarterbacks with a strong arm to go downfield (i.e. Philip Rivers). Brandon Weeden has the arm, but does he have the tools to take advantage of a young but promising receiving corps?"
- "Paul Kruger was once a star QB" (Canton Rep) - "It would be a strange turn of events if one of the best players on the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens decided to become a Cleveland Brown. Stranger things have happened in Paul Kruger’s life."
- "NFL free agency: Be careful what you wish for and who you sign" (CBS Sports) - "I don't know if new general manager Dave Caldwell can straighten out the Jacksonville Jaguars, but I know he has the right idea. He won't power a relaunch by investing heavily in unrestricted free agents."
- "Mike Mayock: EJ Manuel second-best QB in NFL draft" (NFL.com) - "Is EJ Manuel the second-best quarterback in the 2013 NFL Draft? According to NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock, that's exactly what he is."
- "Broncos look to Dumervil for cap relief" (AP) - "The Broncos are asking defensive end Elvis Dumervil to take a pay cut so they can create more salary cap room for free agency. Dumervil signed a six-year, $61.5 million contract in 2010 when Josh McDaniels was coaching the team and before John Elway joined the Denver front office."
- "Wes Welker risks being left behind" (ESPN) - "Wes Welker better be careful. If he gets greedy, if he waits too long to find out, once and for all, exactly what his value is on the free-agent market, he could lose the best thing that ever happened to his football career: Tom Brady."