The first round of the 2013 NFL Draft kicks off tonight, as we'll get our first taste of how the Cleveland Browns do in the draft when Michael Lombardi and Joe Banner are running things. If you were not sure when the draft was officially starting, here is a primer with what to expect:
The NFL Draft will be covered by the NFL Network, ESPN, SiriusXM Radio, 92.3 The Fan, and many other outlets during the three days.
- THURSDAY, APRIL 25 at 8:00 PM EST: Round 1
( have 1 pick -- No. 6 overall)
- FRIDAY, APRIL 26 at 6:30 PM EST: Rounds 2-3
(Browns have 1 pick -- No. 68 overall)
- SATURDAY, APRIL 27 at 12:00 PM EST: Rounds 4-7
(Browns have 5 picks -- No. 104, No. 139, No. 164, No. 175, and No. 227 overall)
I advise you tune into your TV, radio, or computer before the times listed above to ensure you don't miss anything. Below, I list the time teams have to pick per round, what time the open threads will be up-and-running on DBN, and a summary of our coverage of the draft to date.
Teams will have the following amount of time to make their picks:
- Round 1 Picks: 10 minutes
- Round 2 Picks: 7 minutes
- Round 3-7 Picks: 5 minutes
The NFL Draft is always a big day traffic-wise here at SB Nation. During each of the three days, we'll have at least one Open Thread on Dawgs By Nature, as well as posts covering each of the draft picks the Browns make.
The open draft threads will be posted at the following times:
- Thursday: Open thread posted at 2:00 PM (6 hours before draft)
Thursday: Open thread posted at 7:00 PM (1 hour before the draft)
- Friday: Open thread posted at 3:30 PM (3 hours before draft)
- Saturday: Open thread posted at 9:00 AM (3 hours before draft)
Lastly, there has been a lot of work put forth by the writers here at DBN over the past couple of weeks/months, with still more to come. Here is a look back at some of the material to help prepare you for the draft:
- DBN Big Boards: Cleveland Browns Big Board, 1-40 (Staff & Community)
- Browns Draft Tracking: A list of everyone who visited or met with the Browns
- 2013 Mock Drafts: DBN Staff Mock Draft | Community Mock Draft
- Player Profiles: QB Geno Smith | QB Zac Dysert [another] | DL Sheldon Richardson | OLB Dion Jordan | OLB Ezekiel Ansah | OLB Barkevious Mingo | OLB Jarvis Jones | OLB Jamie Collins | CB Dee Milliner | S Kenny Vaccaro
- Browns Pre-Draft Press Conference: Open Thread | Recap
- Exclusive: Zach Miller's Exclusive Interview With Yahoo's Jason Cole, Regarding the Browns
- Trading Down: Who could the Browns Consider if They Trade Down? | Draft Strategy: Move Up or Move Down?
- Draft Philosophy: Lombardi - Six Draft Philosophies Learned From Bill Walsh
- Other: The 2013 Draft Browns Fans Deserve | 'Twas the Night Before Draftmas!