- "Shaped by adversity, Davone Bess eager to bring leadership, more production to new team" (Beacon Journal) - "New Browns wide receiver Davone Bess is convinced he wouldn’t be the man or football player he is today without first enduring misery and learning from it. Bess was arrested in 2003 when he gave some friends who had just robbed a store a ride in his car."
- "Brandon Weeden's second chance with Cleveland Browns is likely his last" (Plain Dealer) - "Brandon Weeden says he intends not to pat the ball so often before throwing it this season. That's a good thing, because it indicated the same nervousness and confusion with him as it did with Tim Couch soon after the Browns' long display of bad football began."
- "Enough excuses, it's time for Browns to start producing" (Canton Rep) - "We say it every year. Cut the excuses. Live up to the responsibility of being the surprise team the NFL sprouts every year. It’s your turn, Browns. It has been your turn. I feel like Lou Brown telling his Indians he’s sick of their whining."
- "2013 Cleveland Browns draft analysis" (AFC North Blog) - "How much did the Browns want LSU pass-rusher Barkevious Mingo? According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Cleveland refused a trade offer from the St. Louis Rams, which would have moved the Browns to No. 16 in exchange for two additional picks (ones in the second and seventh rounds)."
- "Cardinals third-round safety Tyrann Mathieu has no plans to sign a contract with no guaranteed money" (Shutdown Corner) - "Even though Tyrann Mathieu was selected in the third-round of the 2013 NFL draft, the "Honey Badger", who was kicked out of LSU for multiple failed drug tests and was arrested last October for possession of marijuana, knows that he will have to continue to prove that his drug using days are behind him to remain in the NFL."
- "Which offensive rookies will soar?" (ESPN) - "The best question I heard after last week's NFL draft was this: 'So who has a chance to be the offensive rookie of the year?' We all know the draft lacked sizzle at the skill positions."
- "Tom Coughlin: Victor Cruz contract 'a concern'" (NFL.com) - "When the deadline for Victor Cruz to receive an offer sheet from another team came and passed more than 10 days ago, New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin believed a contract resolution would happen in short order."
- "Batch: Steelers grooming Jones to replace Big Ben" (NFL.com) - "The Pittsburgh Steelers' drafting of quarterback Landry Jones this past weekend signified the end for veteran backup Charlie Batch. Batch, who has been with the Steelers for Ben Roethlisberger's entire career, felt there were other underlying motivations for the team's decision to draft a young quarterback."